Brea Attorney John Balent

Free Initial Consultation Evening Appointments


 Home   Attorney Profile   Practice Areas   Contact Us  Case Evalation Form
Divorce Divorce Mediation Child Custody Child Support Child Visitation Domestic Violence Legal Separation Parental Relocation Paternity Post Judgment Modification Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements Property Division Spousal Support Stepparent Adoptions
Contact Us
<a href="">Click Here To Load This Form</a>
Law Offices of John A. Balent 110 West Fir Street, Suite 4  Brea, California 92821 Tel: 714.990.3255 Fax: 714.990.3117 Email: All Images are ©Copyright 2017, The Law Offices of John A. Balent. All Rights Reserved.

Dedicated Primarily to Family Law since 1976.

Brea Paternity Attorney John A. Balent

Welcome to the Law Offices of Brea Family Law Attorney & Paternity Lawyer John A. Balent.

If you are an unwed parent or are divorcing and have doubts regarding the parentage of your child, contact Brea Paternity Attorney John Balent at (714) 990-3255 to make an appointment for a free consultation. Devoted exclusively to the representation of Family Law clients for 37 years, Mr. Balent can answer any question you may have with respect to bringing or fighting a Paternity action, and establishing parental rights and obligations.  

Throughout the course of his career, Lawyer John Balent has helped numerous clients resolve their paternity disputes, establish parentage, obtain child support, establish child custody, create parenting plans, obtain name changes, and have new birth certificates issued.Brea Paternity Attorney John Balent

Establishing Paternity in Brea

If a child is born to a married couple, there is an automatic presumption of parentage. However, despite this presumption, a Paternity Action may be filed by the child’s legal father (the husband listed on the birth certificate), the mother, or an individual who believes that he is the child’s biological father.

When the parents are not married, parentage must be established prior to the ability to exercise the legal rights of a parent, including the right to obtain child support and establish visitation. As a result, it is in everyone’s best interest to establish parentage immediately after the birth of the child.

If one party fails to establish or contest parentage in a timely manner, their inaction could have long-term effects regarding critical issues such as financial support, the right to make decisions regarding the health, welfare and education of the child, and parenting time.  

If paternity / parentage is contested, the Family Law Court will order the parties to submit to a DNA test. The results of the Court ordered DNA test will be deemed conclusive proof of parentage or non-parentage.

If a Declaration of Paternity has been signed and no action contesting parentage is filed with the Court, upon bringing the appropriate Motion, the Family Law Court will have the authority to issue a child support order, make a determination of child custody, and grant visitation rights to the non-custodial parent.

Call Brea Paternity Lawyer John Balent for a Free Consultation

Whether you are an unwed parent and want to establish parentage or are married and want to contest paternity, you need quality legal counsel from a highly skilled and experienced Family Law Lawyer.

Please contact Brea Paternity Attorney John A. Balent at (714) 990-3255 as soon as possible to schedule a free in office consultation with one of the region’s leading Family Law Lawyers.

Mr. Balent proudly represents clients in Brea and throughout the surrounding communities, and strives to maintain excellent client communication. You will never be left in the dark regarding the status of your case, and all communications will be addressed in a timely manner by Mr. Balent or a knowledgeable staff member.