Brea Attorney John Balent

Free Initial Consultation Evening Appointments


 Home   Attorney Profile   Practice Areas   Contact Us  Case Evalation Form
Divorce Divorce Mediation Child Custody Child Support Child Visitation Domestic Violence Legal Separation Parental Relocation Paternity Post Judgment Modification Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements Property Division Spousal Support Stepparent Adoptions
Contact Us
<a href="">Click Here To Load This Form</a>
Law Offices of John A. Balent 110 West Fir Street, Suite 4  Brea, California 92821 Tel: 714.990.3255 Fax: 714.990.3117 Email: All Images are ©Copyright 2017, The Law Offices of John A. Balent. All Rights Reserved.

Dedicated Primarily to Family Law since 1976.

Brea Spousal Support Attorney John A. Balent

Welcome to the Law Offices of John A. Balent. Brea Family Law Lawyer John Balent has been successfully representing clients in Spousal Support (Alimony) disputes since 1976. A highly skilled and effective Family Law Attorney & Spousal Support Lawyer, John A. Balent works diligently to ensure that his clients obtain the most favorable outcome possible, and fights to preserve and protect the rights of his clients.

If you are filing for divorce and have questions or concerns regarding the issue of spousal support, please contact Brea Spousal Support Attorney John Balent at (714) 990-3255 to schedule a free in office consultation.

How Spousal Support (Alimony) is Calculated in Brea

Unlike child support, a request for spousal support (alimony) is not automatically awarded by the Family Law Court. Under California Law, the award of alimony is discretionary, and is based upon a wide variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the following: Brea Spousal Support Attorney John Balent

The length of the marriage

Each party’s level of education, work experience and earning capacity

The financial needs and obligations of each party

The health of the parties

The ages of the parties

The lifestyle that the parties have grown accustomed to

The sources of income available to each

The extent to which either spouse contributed to the education and/or training of the other spouse.

If the couple has been married for a short time period (typically less than ten years), the Family Law Court may either decline to issue a spousal support order, or may enter an order requiring one spouse to pay alimony for a time period equal to or less than the duration of the marriage.

For long-term marriages, the Family Law Judge may enter a permanent spousal support judgment that will remain in place until the supported spouse dies or remarries.

Spousal support can be modified at any time if the party seeking modification is able to successfully demonstrate a material change in circumstances that would warrant adjusting the orders. A change in circumstances justifying a modification of alimony may include:

If you have reason to believe that your alimony order should be modified, it is imperative that you contact an experienced Family Law Attorney as soon as possible. Most modifications are made retroactive to the date of filing, and as such the failure to take action in a timely manner could be costly.

Call Brea Alimony Lawyer & Spousal Support Attorney John Balent Today

If you are involved in a divorce or family law case and Spousal Support is an issue, contact Brea Spousal Support Lawyer John A. Balent at (714) 990-3255 to schedule a free confidential consultation with one of the area’s most highly respected Family Law Attorneys.